Friday 6 May 2011

Old cards and where did that spring go?

First of all - THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to all of you wonderful ladies that have visited my blog already. Amazing to find that I even have followers! I am so happy that you wanted to have a peek and it is truly fantastic to read your kind comments!

Spring had really sprung in Stockholm at Easter with tulips abloom and trees with green sheer crowns of leaves. Great was therefore my disbelief earlier in the week when pulling up the blinds and it was SNOWING!! yup, it was coming down buckets of eeky wet sleet! had to go down to the basement to get my winter coat back and some gloves.

It's Friday in my parts of the world and The Color Room and Color Combos Galore have released their new gorgeous palettes. While I am waiting for my mojo to catch up with me and my stash, I am sharing some of the cards that I made in the early beginnings.

The first one is for my ex FIL on his birthday, bright teal and yellow Webster's Pages:


And the second one is a pick-me-up card for my friend J. The text is on the inside. The pps are Webster's Pages:


A really girly and romantic card is next. The pale green pp is DCWV Mariposa and then a bonanza of Prima blooms:


Hope you will all have a beautiful and sunny weekend, cheerio! xxx Eila

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Blog ansd extraordinary work as always, hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! i like how you tell us the 3rd one is the "girlie" one... made me chuckle! they're beautiful and the papers are stunning! the green one at the top of the 1st card is my favorite paper! (guess that's not much a surprise though!)

    so glad you started a blog! this is funner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgoodness i just love your cards they are just delish eye candy...
    have a nice day xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post some of your cards in TCR, Eila!
    They are beautiful. I am going to catch up with your CCG LOs this week.
    Keep blogging:)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is just gorgeous and super inspiring - these cards are stunning and thanks for stopping by my blog too! xxxx Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha... i found you.... see what happens when you go blog hopping around the world.... so glad i did... now i need a bit of time to catch up on all of your beautiful creations ... better make a jug of tea i think...yay now i can visit you personally and leave you messages...lol...i hope you are having a wonderful day... happy mothers day to you from your fur real friends too...i don't know what i am doing today.... i've painted canvas and repainted them... now run out of paint ... need more colors... need lots of things... i think i need to go shopping at the art shop to stock up...anyway will chat again soon...and just quickly thanks for all your sweet words always on my creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eila, tks for blog comments, will check out Helens blog later for that info. SNOWING no way you should have taken a pic and put it on your blog LOL. Sunny this Sunday morning so going to spend some time in the garden working, your cards are gorgeous, love the inspiration, take care and have a fantastic week x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Eila these are just soooooo sensational ... lovin' all the colours designs and the artsy feel to everyone of them ... beautiful work here ...hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE the details, the embellies and the colours. Simply stunning. Well done...xoxo Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just love your beautiful work!!
    I have been super busy,, but every now and then I get the chance to blog surf, than I found you!!
    And I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful cards Eila! Some real beauties here!!

    ReplyDelete