Sunday 1 May 2011

CCG 176 Not a Cloud - January 2011


This week, our inspiration challenge is Focus on Design. It’s something whimsical and fun! So check out the colors, read the challenge and start hunting through your stash!


The palette made me think of our glorious hols on Cyprus some years ago and also that I had a tiny stash of treasured K&Co Blue Awning scraps. Girls, I really mean SCRAPS, that's why there are only strips of the pps.

I've been wanting to try some misting on silkpaper for a while, unfortunately the gold comes out as yellow and the blue is not very blue either. I just loooove the blue patterned border and the golden rim of the other cup in the inspirational photo. The silver grey is the clam with two large pearls made of liquid pearl. The floating fluffy clouds inspired me to emboss transparency in shimmering opaque and outline it with gold Stickles. A smiling cherub reclining on the felt clouds is a reminder of the Greek sculptures.

Overall, I'm not particularly pleased with how my page turned out but what the heck, it's just for fun! Thanks very very much for having a peek, any comments are truly appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment