Friday 12 August 2011

TCR #71A Beach Hunk and #71B Little Monkey

Another week has flashed by and it's Friday again, which means release time both over at TCR and CCG.

Hottest Pink, Pale Baby Blue, Lightest Grey and Deep Baby Blue - colours that make my mouth water even if the Hottest Pink made me think more than twice! Here's the palette:


Beach hunks come in many different shapes and forms, often we think of them as really tanned and tall. Well, they say a picture says more than a thousand words ...

71_Beach Hunk 4000px-main

The papers are K&Co Around The World. I cut out the beach cabana and some other smaller details and mounted them on sticky pads for some height.

To get the clouds I just smacked out dollops of the "snow paint" I've mentioned several times before with my fingers, looks like Gesso mixed with very fine grained sand. Then I misted lightly with TA Glimmer Chalk in Cornflower before dabbing some Adirondack acrylic paint in Sky Blue. The "sand" is also dabbed in acrylic paint.

71_Beach Hunk 4000px-2

The "waves" I punched out with a circle punch, dollopped on some Gesso for white froth, chalked in silver, and dabbed with SkyBlue acrylic paint before adding droplets of TA Glimmermist in Dragonfly.

I've had a pack of WP ribbon bloomers for quite some time, never knew what to do with them. Now I cut them horizontally in half and then again in smaller pieces that I layered on the waves, and on the hibiscus bloom in the top lefthand corner.

71_Beach Hunk 4000px-3

Here you have a closer view of the amazing Mediterranean!

Often when I love certain colours in a combo, I make a second page highlighting another main colour. My second page #71B Little Monkey has the paler blue as main.

It is very much inspired by the beautiful work of Trudi Harrison and the Blae & Ivy papers by Kaisercraft. Trudi has very sweetly given me her blessing to share my page with you. All credit to Trudi!

71_Little Monkey 4000px-main

Some of you might recognize this giggly little girl, Miss M, from several of my previous layouts. She's the daughter of my DH's cousin.

71_Little Monkey 4000px-2

The papers lend themselves to fabulous fussy cutting, here I've layered quite a bit. I made the flowers myself.

71_Little Monkey 4000px-3

A pale grey chiffon bow peeking out above and white liquid pearls that I have placed in many places on the page.

71_Little Monkey 4000px-4

71_Little Monkey 4000px-5

Well, that's about it! thank you warmly for your visit and for any comment you might want to leave!

Have a fantastic weekend!

xoxoxox Eila

14 comments:

  1. Good to see you step out of your comfort zone and come up with this fabulous page, Eila! Cutting up WP's bloomers into pieces - how brave is that! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages! I love the color combo too, I need to find time to head over there and make one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastiske LOer igjen Eila!
    Genialt å klippe opp disse rosettene til Webster's da (dog ...tror ikke jeg hadde våget 'lol')
    Og så stilig hvordan du har brukt snow writer på himmelen! tøft!
    LO nr 2 var også helt herlig, elsket alt du har klippet/skjært ut og bygget det opp. Nydelige fargetoner!
    ha en flott helg!
    klemmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh i love these layouts - love the way you turned the pinkish tone to redish! just adore these layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love that palette - so sophisticated! And I love your Beach Hunk page too - you must have quite a collection of artist's mediums from that list! I am really enjoying painting, etc on my pages this year too...I am so glad it is "all the rage" now...And your 2nd layout is too beautiful - very "Trudi" but she is one to emulate for sure - knows how to put together a beautiful page without fail...Very very lovely indeed! I know I didn't take your advice & lie low for 10 days but I honestly couldn't what with kids still needing to be ferried about all over & all of them with varying degrees of sickness - I have been to the doctor 3 times this week! I am certainly better than initially but now have another 5 day course of anti-biotics to keep me going...the nights are the problem because as soon as I am horizontal the coughing fits start...really hope it will improve or I will have to go for that awful physio where they pummel your back to get out all the gunk - eeeuw! Have a great weekend & happy creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kjempeflotte LOer Eila!!! For en stilig bakgrunn på den øverste!!! Elsker innslaget av rødt. Det ble utrolig flott. Og veldig fint og idyllisk bilde. Nr. 2 var også en helt nydelig LO. For et flott arbeid du har gjort med all klippingen og lagene! ELSKER fargene. Prikken over i-en var de søte, rød "knuppene" inni blomstene! En fortsatt fin kveld til deg :)
    Klem Brit

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both just amazing. You have put so much work and originality into your first LO. Just amazing and fabulous and WOW.
    And you have done beautifully on the second and have added in your own spin for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh eila, i'm so enjoying watching your style and confidence develop... your work is so detailed and layered and the work you put in is just amazing. I just love your wave recreation. The palette so lent itself to a beach scene.. i don't know why i didn't see it. Your extra layout is just the sweetest, what an adorable, giggly little face! oh, and thanks so much for your visit... i just sit and read with a smile and yep, i remember 'Hair' lol. Have a lovely weekend my friend, i hope your return to work has not been too painful! :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eila, wow, love the Beach Hunk layout, it is so much fun over there, the colour palette is adorable, love all the different thing you have tried and it works so well, how could you cut up Webster's shame on you LOL! Yes Trudi's style is amazing and your layout is stunning, she is such a sweetie, a model in the making. Well my friend of to create, speak soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these layouts are amazing...so arty! I love the way you have created the sky and sand effect on your background of the first page, and the waves are incredible...wow, amazing techniques and they look superb. Love your arty background effects on the second layout too. Your last layout has so many incredible details...love all the fussy cutting, the dimensional butterfly, and the flowers with pearl and gem centers..totally gorgeous.
    Thanks for all the incredibly sweet comments on my blog..so appreciate your visits. :)
    Enjoy what is left of the weekend..take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Eila, thanks so much for your sweet comments, you make me happy !
    Love everything in here, your work is amazing!

    Ana Paula Leal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Eila...those pages are great and I love evrything you do!!!!
    You are so talented and a great artist too!!
    You always be a happy and sweet person ...all your visit in my blog makes me very happy I appreciate a lot !!!
    I wish a wonderful weekend my friend .
    Kisses and huges with love
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Eila what gorgeous, goegeous work! Both lo's are simply amazing! You go girl!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Again you have made masterpieces! Your idea of waves is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete