Friday 4 November 2011

TCR #83 Dimples + visit by a dear scrappy friend + a parcel with attitude

Hello friends near and far!

First of all I want to thank all of you for leaving such beautiful comment on my previous post and the Christmas Wallhanger. It truly brightened my day!

The weather is unusually mild and fine for the time of the year, so even though it has been rather cloudy these passed few days, the temperature has been hovering between wopping +13C and +10C all week.

It has been the autumn school holiday this week. On Wednesday a dear scrappy friend from the south of Sweden, Bente Fagerberg, came for a visit to Stockholm together with her youngest daughter, Bea. I had a day off from work and spent the most wonderful day together with the girls.

Just want to share a few highlights with you. We went to the Hallwylska Palace, a magnificent 19th century city palazzo. Have a looksie at the photos and you'll get the picture I'm trying to paint for you:


Not sure if there is a translation button anywhere, if not - just enjoy the richness of the photos!

As it happened, there was a special tour just starting when we got there. The guide was dressed in period clothes and acted the role of the governess of the household. A crowd of excited kids and their parents in tow. Bea quickly joined in and left Bente and I to roam the house on our own. Spectacular house! Bea sent us texts saying things like" ooooh this is really so scary" and "heeeelp this is deliciously yukkie". Turned out the tour had a Halloween theme (it figures when I think about it) and they had experienced oodles of scary but yummie things to their utter delight. Bea said it was THE bestest she had experienced.

Next we hopped on the bus and took ourselves to the Royal Palace in Stockholm's Old Town. To the joy of us, there was another guided tour starting only 10 minutes later. This one also had a guide dressed in period costume though now in the style of the royal court in the 1700's including a wig.

Check out the photo of the man to the right HERE


and imagine that everything that is blue was actually bright red. Also this guided tour was superb although no Halloween in sight.

Friday means the release of a new palette over at TCR. This week we are in the Sun Room, the colours have deliciously fruity names such as Pretty Pink, Total Tangerine, Pale Grey and Sky Blue. I'm sure we are going to see many lovely feminine pages this week in the gallery.



Very often I end up with something totally different than I had planned. This was once again the case with my page that I wanted to make with the pink and orange as mains. Just go with the flow, as my DH always tells me.

#83_Dimples 4000px-main

The young lady in the photo is my step daughter Emelie, it was taken about 4 years ago when she was 18. She went to a studio and had a full make-over. The photos from the shoot are absolutely adorable! She is still a most lovely young woman today at 22.


#83_Dimples 4000px-3

I used a brown Bazzil cardstock as base. Then the originally cream/brown spotted paper which I misted and chalked in pink.  On top of that a creamy paper with a subtle swirly pattern from MME that I punched with a lacey punch from EK Success and handstitched in dark brown. Randomly cut up the stitching and sandpapered it for a worn look.

Tore off random pieces of the punched border and chalked in Tim Holtz Old Paper + Chestnut Roand and then finally randomly with Tim Holtz Black Soot. Used a finger dabber which I find gives me better control of where the ink ends up and how much I dab on.

A Prima pearl swirl and pale blue roses from my stash. The die cut label is cut from an MME Lost & Found 2 paper, the dimensional sticker is also from the same collection. A crocheted doily from Leeann Pearce's Chip Chop Shop on Etsy.

#83_Dimples 4000px-2

I piled up buttons and used that same really strong stone glue that I used to stick down the pearls with on my X-mas wallhanger. It's of a local brand so I don't know what the equivalent product would be elsewhere.

I used the same MME L&F 2 collection for the matting and the pennants. Just look at the tiiiiiny thread spool upon which I rolled a strip of music sheet. Absolutely the cutest ever! Thank you darling Lean de Ruiter for sending it to me! 


#83_Dimples 4000px-5

I've been buying mists over the passed year, love my colourful collection of yumminess. If I may say so myself, I absolutely adore this little dress form with its dress of misted muslin strips and pearl bustier. I got the inspiration from Tattered Angels' blog.

I used several hues of pale and icy blue mists on a piece of muslin and then cut it in strips that I layered randomly around the chippie dress form. Here it looks rather the same hue of blue but IRL the effect is quite lovely. Thank you darling wonderful Lean Pearce for sending me the dress form, mwah!! I then drenched the whole thing in TA Dazzling Diamond. You might see the shimmer on the dress form if you click on the photo and look at it on Flickr where you can see a larger copy.

#83_Dimples 4000px-4

The orange fussy cut flowers that I tucked in behind the matting, are from BG Curio. The pink banner with birdies is fussy cut from the same MME L&F 2 collection that I have used throughout my page.

Getting parcels really makes me ridiculously happy, I know that I have ordered the items and I know that I paid for them but still I get seriously giddy. Today I got one unexpectedly delivered to my door, they normally have to be fetched from the post office. This one was so beautifully done up that I had to photograph it and show you. Do I want to come back and buy more stuff from this shop? DEFINITELY! Check out their awesome range of Dusty Attic chippies!

This is where it came from,  CLICK HERE

Parcel with attitude 4NOV2011

How sweet is that, just look that personalized tag with my name on!! *swooon*

On this happy note, I have also come to the end of this post. Thanks my dearies for having followed my ramblings this far! Have a wonderful weekend and scrappy week!

Cheerio! xoxoxo Eila

15 comments:

  1. Hi Eila! Another super FAB layout! Little presents in the mail are the beginnings of a perfect day - I agree! I hope all is well with you! cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab layout, Eila. Love all the yummy details!
    Kiitti, että käyt aina välillä jättämässä viestejä blogiini, jota olen laiminlyönyt todella pitkään. Tulin viikko sitten Suomesta ja parin viikon päästä menen viikonlopuksi Hampuriin Nathalie Kalbachin ja Julie Fan-Balzerin Mixed Media Circukseen:)
    Tässä välillä olen yrittänyt päästä pitkästä aikaa kunnolla valokuvaamaan, joka on skräppäyksen ohella toinen intohimoistani.

    halit
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that was a wonderfully entertaining read! I am committed to catching up on all my blog reading every Friday evening from now on as DH has finally treated me to a laptop :) (got tired of me commandeering his I guess hee hee...) Your day trip looks magnificent and the venues absolutely sumptuous and decadent and as usual your layout is a masterful work of art full of delicious detail but my very favourite part of it all is your misted muslin dress form detail - MAGNIFICENT! Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you tree did had a cool time with sightseeing..
    Your page is a beauty again full of cool detials and i see you are a dress maker to..cool!
    Have a lovely weekend byeee,Lean[i am just home of a dutch scrapevent Krea Doe spend lots of euro's and meet lost of srappy friends].

    ReplyDelete
  5. Først av alt må jeg bare begynne med å takke for de utrolig koselige kommentarene du legger igjen i bloggen min :) Jeg blir SÅ glad av å lese meldingene dine. You really make my day! ;)

    Enda en helt fantastisk LO fra deg! Man kan jo sitte å se på alle de lekre detaljene i all evighet.... Du er SÅ flink! Arbeidene dine er bare så forseggjort! Bildet av stedatteren din var helt nydelig! For en flott jente! Ha en fantastisk helg, Eila. Klem fra meg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes I love parcels too hehe...this is just a gorgeous creation...she is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you and Bente had a fabulous time shopping and seeing all the beautiful sites of the Palaces...Ooh doing a happy dance for you getting some goodies in the mail yay for you!!
    Just love the dimples page great idea how you cut the banners ...
    Have a great weekend
    Lindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you have made me very sure that Stockholm needs to be on my list of places to visit when I eventually get to Europe! Just a shame that it is so far from Australia!!
    Love your layout and I particularly love the way you have dressed the dress form!! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastisk nydelig LO med så mange herlige detaljer!!! Må jo sitte og sturdere lenge for å få med seg alt! Nyyydelig!
    Og for et flott sted dere var da, så jo absolutt fantastisk ut!
    Heldige du som fikk en så flott (og personlig) pakke på døren :)
    Tusen takk for alle de herlige kommentarene i bloggen min (og ja, jeg har laget en blogg til, tenkte jeg skulle ha en egen blogg til Art Journal, dog vet jeg ikke helt om jeg fortsetter med den, siden flere lurer :D )

    ha en flott lørdagsaften!
    klememr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Sounds like you had a great time on your day trip...the sites looks neat!
    That sweet package is wonderful...I'd be happy too......
    Your lo is just fantastic! Love the look of the banners....just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. might be my most favorite or your pages ever! ever! seriously swooning! the banner the mannequin with dress.. little music notes and birdie.. so super cute! me love the dimples!

    ReplyDelete
  12. absolutely beautiful projects Eila....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH WOW Eila!!! Your layout is simply lush!!! I just adore all the little titbits that my eyes are drawn to. You are so talented and I look forward to each week that your new pages goes up at the Color Room. And thank so much for taking the time out and leaving your wonderful comments on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a wonderful day with Bente and Beatrice. Love the places you visited..lovely, lovely!! Ufff! this temperature is very cold for me!!! lol!!!
    Your page is Beautiful!!!!!!!!
    love the dress form with the feathers ahhhh..fabulous!! and all the lovely details are fantastic!! Your stepdaughter is pretty!
    Another wonderful work!!! A Big Hug!!! {}{}

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES, we had a most wonderful day in the capital. Bea and I enjoyed all the sights and not to forget the cakes!! lol! We must do it again some day soon.
    Emelie looks gorgeous in that shot. It's so fun when they get a chance to shine. Victoria also went and had this done. She looked several years older! LOVE love that dressform you embellished and the little scroll.Just to mention some of your tasty tidbits.
    Ta ta for now. Been working this week end and tomorrow work again,...blaaaah :-)

    ReplyDelete