Saturday 20 April 2013

Prima MARCH BAP and PPP + still time to play along with OUAS April challenge

Hello sunshine!!

Every morning when I walk from the tube station to the office, I pass through a park. For a very long time the lawns have been filled with dirty piles of  snow and ice, and the birds have been sitting on bare branches. 

Suddenly earlier this week I could see spring flowers pushing through last year's leaves and dry grass patches, the trees and bushes had halos of delicate green about them and there was definitely something different in the air. 

When I saw this little beauty nodding its white head in the pools of sunshine among the trees, I knew spring is finally here for real. This little flower is the surest sign of warmer days, it's called "vitsippa" in Swedish, in English it's commonly known as wood anemone, thimbleweed, windflower, smell fox or helmet flower.


On the floral note and without further ado, here's my Prima MARCH BAP - "Happy Days" but first the sketch itself;

Sketch 2 MArie-Nicolas



Everything on this page is of course Prima, except the filmstrip (TH) and chippie title (Imaginarium Design).






After the BAP, comes my MARCH PPP on which I have used a photo of myself taken a couple of years ago. Here's first the colour palette of fresh greens;


2013 March PPP

Seeing it here, my page looks like a canvas, but it's not. I've used thick watercolour paper as base and then I created everything on white cardstock that I had cut smaller.




 Lots of mists, diluted gesso, stamping and masking going on.


Had to tweak this photo quite a bit to make the layers of subtle whites and creams come across when photographed. No problem seeing it IRL though.




Before I sign off, I'd like to remind you that you still have 5 days to enter the OUAS April challenge.

The deadline for this challenge is midnight, 25 April 2013 (Australian Eastern Standard Time) 



Theme:  Best day of your life

The best day of your life!!!!! Everyone has at least one or two! Tell us anything that you can relate this title to. 
 
Ideas for journalling: child's birth, wedding day, anniversary, meeting someone special, buying a new home, changing jobs, a holiday, a special celebration.. there is no right or wrong. Its YOUR day!


Et voilà, that's it for today! Have a balcony to spring clean and new living room curtains to hem this weekend or perhaps I'll let the lazy gene in me persuade me to have coffee with hubbs at an outdoor café and lunch and an ice cream and a stroll by the waterfront. He he no guessing which option wins ...

Wishing you a really really good one!  I'll be back on Wednesday.

Toodelipip! xoxox Eila

“Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
A.A. Milne

16 comments:

  1. Two amazing Creations Eila...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are both gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You have such a great eye for combining colours and materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love "ME"...it goes into my fave folder!
    And Pooh is always right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Eila I'm just in love with both these projects!! The first one has a very calm feel to it!! I love the photo and I love the script in the background.

    The second one is wow!! the background is amazing and I'm so glad you've scrapped about yourself!! I love the photo and its perfect for this LO!! TFS

    and yes Pooh is right!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did super pages here, love the use of mediums and colors. Good idea to work on watercolor paper. When I make something very messy, I use the backside of the prima color me papers. Good you remind me of the OUAS, I just finished a page, so time to start today something new, yeah!! I have to get used that OUAS has to be send in a little earlyer now. Bye bye, have a nice weekend, you talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eila, Eila, what a great storyteller you are. I have some much pleasure reading your daily notes.
    I suppose you are a writer by nature.
    stunning creations, as always , full of eye catching details and soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blogpost beautiful pages with a great eye for details and cool texture.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic beautiful pages. I love the green coloured LO, this is a real piece of art!!!

    Maja papirene er fantastiske, nesten for flotte til bruks og klippe i, men laget en LO med noen av de for noen dager siden. Ha en fantstisk flott helg :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... happy spring......Let the sunshine everyday on you Eila...
    enjoy.... loving your creations here , just stunning and special :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Eila... How can I not love these creations of yours.... the layout is so so so beautiful... and I heart your canvas too... you have such a great eyes on putting colors...embellishments and pp together.... YOu are simply amazing!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always in awe of your layering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh....I adore that watercolor paper inspired creation! Very pretty work, I love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaw what a lovely post! Enjoying your birthday today I hope!! No doubt business as usual but hopefully a celebration this evening or over the weekend...Now these 2 pages are hands-down exceptional. I do hope you've thrown your hat in for the Prima DT - nothing to lose & everything to gain & your work with Prima is just phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layouts! Love your background work! And your colours are gorgeous. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello Eila.. your scrapbook pages are so amazing. Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, beautiful pages! Love them both and you certainly did your usual magic with the papers! Fabulous Eila! ;-)

    ReplyDelete